Industrial and Graphic Designer
PixMob strives to reinvent the live event industry by creating crowd experiences that make people want to jump up and down, through immersive technologies that feel like magic. Our wearable technologies have been chosen by the likes of Taylor Swift, Shawn Mendes, Tiësto, the Super Bowl and hundreds of international events and artists. We're growing fast and are recognized as the global leader of our niche.
Rooted in design and innovation, we build our entire ecosystem by ourselves, from the ground-up. Our culture is ingrained by a spirit of redefinition. What worked yesterday, may not work tomorrow. And we need brain power to figure it out. Yours.
If you like to think big and working in a fun environment with incredibly talented people, you may be one of us. Join the adventure!
Our growing team is currently looking for an Industrial and Graphic Designer.
Your main responsibilities are to research, design and present visually innovative light up wearables concepts for top tier clients requiring customized wearables. Tasks will include:
- Generating product presentations including CAD drawings and world class client-facing renders;
- Preparing slide decks that will be read by decision-makers in the industry to decide whether to build a commercial relationship with our team;
- Designing concepts for customized wearables fitting an artist brand and its creative vision, these might require multiple iterations over multiple months;
- Participating in the research process related to a given product brief for the development of concepts;
- Validating the technical functionalities of products and prototypes;
- Ensuring the feasibility of the products in a mass-manufacturing context;
- Making physical prototypes for client presentations including 3D printed elements.
A second function equally important is to provide graphic design support to the sales team. Tasks will include:
- Updating Website;
- Brand booking;
- Performing standard activities such as updating existing documentation, revising decks, updating files, prepare trade show materials;
- Retouching photos;
- Shooting video and photos at concerts;
- Other tasks related to visual content.
- Experience with rapid prototyping (3D printing, CNC and laser-cutting)
- Experience in eco-conscious materials and manufacturing methods
- Experience in the design of electronic products
- Experience with plastic injection & mould-making, an asset
- Bachelor degree in Industrial Design or equivalent
- 1 to 3 years of experience in a related position, or more importantly a proven ability to learn by oneself while managing a large evolving workflow
- Having the will to work in a fast-paced non-linear industry / workplace
- Excellent knowledge of SolidWorks and Adobe Creative Suite
- Focus, precision, obsessive about the details that make all the difference
- Able to work in English and French
- Able to work in Mandarin, an asset
- 40 hours per week
- Salary based on experience
Please forward your resume and portfolio by filling this Form.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.